You attempt to open Sage ACT! and receive an error message stating that the database could not be accessed.
Periodically, Microsoft along with other AntiVirus Vendors will update their programs and for some reason these updates stop the SQL Server which is required for ACT! to function.
Luckily there is a pretty easy fix. Follow these steps.
- Close ACT!
- Click on the Start button and choose Run or click the Windows Key + R to bring up the Run dialogue box.
- In the Open field type “services.msc” and hit ENTER
- This will bring up your Services Panel. Scroll down until you find the SQL Server (ACT7) line item. Highlight the line item and click the Start button at the top. You can also Right Click (RMB) on the line item and select “Start”.
- If you get an error message starting SQL Server, please contact our Tech Support Team for further assistance.
- As long as you do not receive an error message, close the Services Panel.
- Try to Launch ACT!.
There is also a more detailed knowledge base article found on the Sage Software Knowlegebase. Click the following link to view their post. http://bit.ly/hH3M6o
If you have followed the above steps and are still running into issues opening ACT!, please contact our Technical Support Team at support@TrilogyCRM.com